Gynecology & Reproductive Care
- Prenatal care for low risk pregnancies
- Multiple pregnancy care (twins)
- Higher risk pregnancies and pregnancies with complications
— Routine ultrasound screenings
— Diagnostic organ sonography and genetic diagnostic tests for specific conditions
— Monitoring fetal growth and development
— Doppler fetal monitoring of the baby’s heartbeat
— 3-D and 4-D ultrasound
- Consults and prenatal screening tests for fetal chromosomal abnormalities
— First trimester screening (nuchal scan or nuchal translucency scan)
— NIPD (non-invasive prenatal diagnosis)
- Counseling for the more invasive genetic diagnostic tests (Biopsies: Chorionic villus sampling or CVS, amniocentesis or AC)
- Assistance with natural births, ventouse birth (vacuum assisted delivery) and cesarean section
- I believe that a natural birth is best for the well-being of the mother and infant unless intervention is indicated.
- With C-sections I offer the “natural cesarean” method. The mother is conscious and able to actively participate as the child is born. This birth experience is rated highly by mothers.
- Continuing support after childbirth
Lower Abdominal / Pelvic Surgery
- D&C procedure (dilation and curettage)
- Hysteroscopy (endoscopic examination of cervix and uterus)
- Laparoscopic surgery (minimally invasive surgery, also known as “band-aid“ or „keyhole“surgery)
— Diagnostic laparoscopy: diagnostic assessment of gynecological diseases (uterus, ovaries, pelvis)
— Therapeutic laparoscopy: minimally invasive surgical procedure for lower abdomen and pelvic conditions
— Laparoscopic tubal ligation (fallopian tube sterilization)
— Laparoscopic myomectomy (removal of uterine fibroids, preserving and leaving the uterus in place)
— Laparoscopic hysterectomy (removal of the uterus)
- Hysterectomy (surgical removal of the uterus)
— Total hysterectomy (includes cervix, may or not include adnexa and/ or ovaries) / supra-cervical or subtotal hysterectomy (retains cervix, may or not include adnexa and / or ovaries)
— Laparoscopically-assisted total vaginal hysterectomy (with / without adnexa and ovaries) (LAVH)
— Laparoscopically-assisted partial supravaginal hysterectomy (with / without adnexa and ovaries) (LASH)
- Adnexal surgery (surgeries of the ovaries and fallopian tubes, for benign tumors, cysts or malignant tumors)
- D&C (clearing the uterine lining)
- Hysteroscopy (endoscopic examination of the uterine cavity)
- Hydro-Thermal endometrial ablation (HTA) for bleeding disorders that have not responded to other treatments. We use a well-established and effective method. A small balloon is inserted through the passageway between the vagina and the uterine cavity and Cavaterm (heated saline) is introduced in order to shrink and stabilize (ablate) the lining of the uterus (Endometrium). This quick, minimally invasive and gentle procedure can make it possible in certain cases to avoid removing the uterus. Of the women undergoing this procedure due to heavy and / or painful periods, well over 80% experience an improvement in quality of life.
- Vaginal hysterectomy (removal of the uterus through the vagina)
- Surgery for pelvic organ prolapse and / or associated incontinence using TVT (Tension-free vaginal tape), to re-establish pelvic support by strengthening and tightening the muscles and ligaments of the pelvic floor.
Surgery of the external genitalia (labia, vulva)
- Correction of injuries to birth canal and pelvic floor resulting from childbirth
- Biopsies to diagnose lesions
- Labiaplasty, labial reduction: surgical correction in cases of enlargement or asymmetry of the labia
Office Hours & Contact Number
Monday – Friday: 9:00 to 18:00
Saturday – Sunday: 9:00 to 15:00
The office is closed on Sundays and on major federal holidays.
Please call Dr. Marcus for assistance: 012 772 3036 / 079 752 5780
- In order to provide high quality, individualized care, The Tshwane women Clinic treats only a limited number of patients daily, and patients are seen by appointment only.
- Please call during regular office hours to schedule your appointment.
- If you are calling from out of town, you may call collect.
What is Ectopic Pregnancy?
Once an egg is fertilized, in a normal pregnancy it travels through your fallopian tube to your uterus, where it implants. If the egg stays in the tube and starts growing there instead of your uterus, you have a tubal (or ectopic) pregnancy. At Tshwane women clinic we welcome such pregnancy complication and high risk pregnancy.
Why We Are Unique
- Emergency Contraception (“Morning After Pill”)
- Walk-in Pregnancy Testing
- Easy access by public transportation
- No 24-HOUR Wait or Parental Consent Required
- Abortion Services up to 26 Weeks with Ultrasound
- Abortion Counseling
- After care & general check up
- Men’s health products are also available at a friendly cost
- Questions Answered 24 Hours: Call Today!
Walk-in Pregnancy Testing
Although we are not currently offering these services at this time, we hope to be offering low-cost pregnancy testing in the near future.
Although we are not currently offering these services at this time, we hope to be offering birth control counseling in the near future.
Testing and Treatment
(Sexually Transmitted Infections)
Although we are not currently offering these services at this time, we hope to be offering STI testing and treatment in the near future.
Gynecological Health Care Services
Although we are not currently offering these services at this time, we hope to be offering routine gynecological care services in the near future. For more information about our gynecological health care services,